A super moist blueberry lemon bread recipe that is easy to make and topped with a delicious lemon glaze!
2 cups all-purpose flour + 1 tablespoon, divided
2 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
½ cup. oil (coconut, vegetable, or canola)
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup plain greek yogurt (or sour cream)
Zest & juice of 1 lemon
1 cup blueberries
¾ cup confectioners sugar
1-2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x5 loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
2. In a small bowl, toss the blueberries with 1 tablespoon of the flour and set aside (this helps to prevent the blueberries from sinking).
3. In a large bowl, whisk together 2 cups of flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together the oil, vanilla, eggs, sugar, greek yogurt, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
5. Combine the wet and dry ingredients, just until smooth. Do not overmix or your bread will come out tough.
6. Lightly fold the blueberries into the batter.
7. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake for 50-60 minutes. The bread will be finished when a wooden toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.*
8. Once bread is finished, remove from oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes in the loaf pan. Remove from loaf pan and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.