Makes 6 cups
5 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
1/2 cup lemon juice, divided into two 1/4 cup portions
1 1/2 cups water
1 cup jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped fine (you can throw in a habanero or serrano if you want more heat!)
2 tablespoons bell peppers, chopped fine
1/2 cup vinegar
5 cups sugar
1 - 4 oz. box pectin
1. In one saucepan, combine the peppers, vinegar, 1/4 cup lemon juice and 1 cup water. Cook on medium high for 20 minutes, then using a sieve, remove all the peppers from the liquid and set aside.
2. In another saucepan, place blueberries, 1/4 cup lemon juice, and 1/2 cup water and cook on medium high for 20 minutes. Strain with a cheese cloth or jelly bag. (Or, you can use a food mill if you aren't worried about having a clear jelly.)
3. Combine both liquids into one of the pans, adding sugar. Cook on medium low until the sugar dissolves. Skim any foam off of the surface.
4. Bring mix to a boil, add 1 box pectin and bring to a rolling boil for one minute.
5. Remove from heat, skim off any foam and ladle into sterilized jelly jars and place lids tightly on the jars. Refrigerate or process in a hot bath.
(adapted from www.geniuskitchen.com)