1 can Pillsbury Crescent rolls or 1 sheet of ready rolled puff pastry
8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
Squeeze of lemon
1 T. sugar
2 T. butter, melted
Sugar for sprinkling
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Unroll and spread the crescent rolls or puff pastry sheet flat, then cut in half. With one half
the pastry, line the bottom of a greased 8 x 8 baking pan. (You might want to line the pan with foil or parchment paper so the bars are easier to lift out.)
3. In a mixing bowl, add the remaining ingredients except for the butter and sugar. Mix well with a spoon or whisk.
4. Spread the mixture evenly over the crescent roll/puff pastry layer. Then add the blueberries all over.
5. Carefully place the other layer of pastry on top of the cream cheese mixture, then using a brush, spread the melted butter on the pastry. Top with a sprinkling of sugar.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool for 15-20 minutes before trying to slice. Serve as it is or with a nice blob of whipped cream.